Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Birthdays

In 54 minutes it will be Leah's 2nd birthday.

I am a bundle of conflicting emotions - none of which I have words for.

Why? If you have words please share them with me!

It's so exciting. She says new things everyday lately. It's so COOL. Today I asked her if she wanted oatmeal & hot chocolate for breakfast & she said "Hot chocolate only" I didn't know she understood the word ONLY.

Or a couple of days ago when she was just jumping on the bed & suddenly said "I wanna go to the store with Daddy." I about died!

Today we had to other new sentences, "I found it!" & "I see it!" when she was looking for something.

She amazes me everyday & this stage is so fun. And trying & difficult too! Especially since other favorites are "I do it" & "have it!" Although once a few days ago she said "Let me have it!" when we were in a store.

But there are things I miss too. Bottles. I held a baby yesterday & feed her the bottle. I loved the way she snuggled into me while she drank it. And my heart aches a little because Leah gave that up so early - it's be done by now anyway but I miss it all the same. I loved feeding her. She hasn't let me feed her since she was 11 months - whether with a fork or a bottle.

Luckily she's still a very snuggly kid! It's a good thing because her mommy loves it ;)

So conflicting. I don't wish for her babyhood back because I love this stage! But I miss the babyhood. Conflict, conflict.

2 comments:

Daisha said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH DEAR!!! I can't believe that it is time...where did our babies go?! You are such a blessing to your mommy and daddy. Heavenly Father was surely looking out for you when he allowed you to be placed in your mom and dad's arms. Such a lucky little girl you are!!

I love you baby Leah...have a great day today and BE GOOD!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh hon... Every milestone is a wonderful, horrible experience for a mom. You are excited for your child, that they are experiencing life so vividly, and then realize that the stage you thought would last forever, was gone in a flash and will never return...

Happy Birthday to LEah!