Friday, November 23, 2007

More Thanksgiving

I spent another day cooking yesterday. I think I'm satisfied the need to be cooking in the kitchen for awhile. I had great fun though. I did a turkey in the roaster (which I then sent to my dad's to be plugged in and let cook - as a funny tidbit - my stepsister & stepmother were completely freaked out & thought it was some cancerous turkey because it was spotted under the skin. Aye aye aye. I lifted the turkey skin & rubbed an herb/butter mixture all over the turkey underneath! I laughed pretty hard at them!), a chicken with the cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams (with apples, nuts, and tons of other stuff), jell-o with bananas (a kid request), fruit salad (heavy cream whipped with cinnamon & sugar - folded in fruit), a dual layer cheesecake/pumpkin pie, a dutch apple pie (frozen), and a chocolate pie. I'm forgetting things. Anyway...

it was a success! Everything went really well. I had fun with them. I don't fit there as much. I mean, they love me, we have fun when I'm there. But there's so much swearing & drinking going on at family things. Leah heard the F word more times in the first 10 minutes of my brother walking in than she has in her entire life. Actually, pretty sure she's never heard it. So annoying. There's just not reason for that. There's a lot of words in the English language. I'm not even totally opposed to a well placed F-word every now & then - by ADULTS among ADULTS. But give me a break. Anyway. That's my biggest complaint.

Which means all-in-all the evening went well! lol

Really, I laughed a lot, I ate too much food, & Leah had a blast with her cousins! And she slept like a rock!! SmileyCentral.com

0 comments: