I perhaps didn't give the right impression about how that went. For the majority of it I was sitting on my side of the bed with my laptop absolutely ignoring her very existence. So while she's not in another room it's not like she getting all the attention in the world from me. LOL. Just a lot of "Lay back down, Leah". I can't just physically lay her back down because that's what she actually wants - me to physically engage her so that we can "play".
Anyway - I think I've figured out something! After talking to another friend whose son has dye allergies (much more severely than Leah's red dye issues). She asked me a few questions & one was about chocolate.
Well, Leah ate a ridiculous amount of hershey kisses yesterday. Daddy bought her a bag of them. She loves 'em.
Apparently, they way she acted last night was a classic reaction to a chocolate allergy.
Sigh. So no chocolate today, no red dye. And she went to sleep without a fight at all!
It was 9:45 but she napped from 1:30 - 3 so I was expecting that. Interrupted naps always do that.
Anyway - it isn't like this happens all the time. I was just going crazy after the last few days. Well, Daddy bought those hershey kisses last Friday! So this whole last week she's had them EVERY day! No wonder I was losing my mind!
Thanks for the advice though ladies!
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
2 comments:
I am so glad that you figured that out but what in the world is Leah going to do the rest of her life without chocolate??!! That poor little girl! What a sweet Daddy though...he would have my heart for sure (can you tell I love chocolate)!!
Allergies are hard. Tyce is apparantly allergic to dog saliva (or my dad's dog at least) because she licked him and his whole face swelled up and got welts. SCARY! A little benadryl allergy and all was well in a little bit. He looked normal again but it is still scary.
Anyhow...congrats on finding your answer!!
Oh poor Tyce!!!
LOL about chocolate! I think she'll still be able to have it every now & then just not in great amounts.
I noticed something else... her appetite is improving too. So weird!
Hugs!!
Post a Comment