Friday, April 11, 2008

Adoption #2

So I decided on Wednesday that Thursday would be the day I would sit down & do the initial paperwork for our homestudy for adoption #2.

So I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find the papers that I have - apparently - put in a safe place. *insert annoyed face*

So instead of doing the papers I caught up on Big Brother. Nice, huh?

Today Drew called and asked them to send us more papers. The nice woman said she would send them out today. So next week I will do the initial paperwork. I guess I could start working on some of the things I know are coming, huh?

Getting on this roller coaster again is scary.

We have decided this time that we will be saying a child 18 months or younger (aone year younger than Leah) instead of an infant - although if that's what happens it's fine.

For some reason it's just not what I can picture. I have this picture in my head of a little AA girl about one. I can't seem to shake it - not that I've tried very hard LOL. It's just interesting that I can't seem to picture a newborn at all.

So, we're doing it. And we've decided to use LDSFS for our homestudy. We did that last time although we didn't complete our adoption through them. Specifically because we have so few choices here in Wyoming - but even more specifically because LDSFS in Utah signed an agreement recently with DFS in Utah. SO that means we it will matter that we want an 18 month or younger child. LDSFS generally places newborns. That and all the places that are in Wyoming - I've talked to them all - were really skeptical about me ever being matched with an AA or AA/?? child at all.

So there ya have it. LDSFS isn't actually my favorite agency in the world. We have some frustrating experiences with the Boise office (although the Denver office was wonderful). We'll see. This time our assigned office from here is Centerville, Utah. I guess we'll see, right?

Getting back on this rollercoaster is making me feel.... like someone could yank the rug out from under me at any second... shaking my equilibrium. Does that make sense?

There's a lot of baggage already in this journey!

4 comments:

Kathy's Korner said...

I liken it to stepping on one of those moving sidewalks they have at airports while being blindfolded. During a super busy time. Not for the faint at heart.

BUT, I'm super excited for you guys! :D

Daisha said...

I see you getting a AA/?? child without any problem here in Utah through DCFS! It would be a wonderful thing to NOT have to deal exclusively with the state. I trust LDSFS so much more than state anything!

Good luck!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh hon. I have no experience with adoption, but I know how it feels to want a child. You have my best wishes for a smooth journey with this second adoption, and all of the steps involved....

Lindsey from The R House said...

we are getting on the adoption roller coaster again too. i am scared.

am i ready for all the emotions all over again?

hope so.

kathy's korner is so right...adoption is not for the faint hearted.