Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Adoption #2

Our newly assigned caseworker - Brian - called for the first time today. He was very nice & very helpful.

I talked to him about the required adoption classes (they meet weekly in Utah for 6 weeks - NOT gonna happen lol). He said they will give us the electronic version of the classes & we can just read it. Hooray!

Wanting an AA child - he said that happens plenty & shouldn't be an issue

18 months or younger - He was really glad to know that & seemed excited about it

Visit - he will be coming here between the 12th & the 23rd of May - I said we were flexible & just to let us know what day. There are 3 other couples on his driving route in Wyoming so he's trying to coordinate them for one trip. We're totally flexible!

I asked him about the DFS agreement & he said that's he has heard talk of it but it hasn't actually been settled yet. He doesn't know what that will be.

I think that's everything.

I feel excited about it. Mostly finding about the classes because that would have been a real hang up. We're on the road now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm REALLY behind b/c I didn't know you were going to adopt again. YAHOO!!! This is SO exciting. I will stay up with your blog and cannot wait to see what God has in store for your family. Good luck!!

Patti said...

I just wanted to say " I am so excited for you and Drew "! And, of course, Leah too! Hugs - Pep