So yesterday Leah & I went to visit Nana (my mom). Leah - who normally sleeps in the car beautifully - stayed awake for the entire hour long drive.
When we got to Nana's house she was being very good so I just decided to skip her nap & put her to bed early. She did really well all day long.
Before 6 o'clock she was standing on an ottoman next to mom's desk & it started to roll backwards. I could see she was going to fall & hit her face on the desk so I yelled to mom to grab her. This, of course, scared her because she wasn't expecting me to yell. She cried about that for about 30 seconds and then all the sudden she WAILED, planted her face in my chest and said "I sooo TIRED!" and just sobbed for awhile.
It was seriously the saddest thing ever!
When she finally calmed down she said "I okay mommy".
I snuggled her while mom gathered some of our stuff & then I gave her to mom while I finished up. I got her a blanket and laid it on her & Nana at one point - when I came back a few moments later she was sound asleep. It was 6 by then. So I transferred her to the car & drove the hour home.
So tell me - don't 2 year olds normally have tantrums when they are exhausted and say they ARE NOT tired? I thought it was cool that she could verbalize she was tired like that!
PS She woke up when we got home & stayed up until 10 - it was good she woke back up because she hadn't had dinner! She was hungry - And she's hungry now & asking for waffles! I better go help out with that ;)
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
1 comments:
That is so cute! Tyce tells me sometimes..."mom, I take nap now!" And when he gets really over tired, he gets phycho...in a fun way! He starts bouncing off the walls and is so funny!
Post a Comment