I've been reading a series - correction I've read a series lol - the last couple of days. The first books is called Big Stone Gap. Novels written by Adriana Trigiani.
Big Stone Gap
Big Cherry Holler
Milk Glass Moon
Back to Big Stone Gap
Apparently for quite a while it was called the Big Stone Gap Trilogy but in 2006 she wrote the 4th book.
They are not long, are easy reading but have left me feeling very introspective & thoughtful. I like that about a book. And those people are ALIVE to me. She weaves a good story.
I've had the first book for a long time on CD. I've listened to it probably 6 or 8 times over the last year in my car. It just finally occurred to me to see if perhaps Adriana had written more books. I was beyond excited to discover that it was a series! I went to the library the next day & found the other three books were all there. I read all three in the next day & a half.
I will say, if you have the chance to listen to them as audio books - do it. Adriana reads them herself. Her voice is fabulous and hearing Ave Marie's thoughts in that way - from the author - is a treat. Although I've read all the books now I'm still going to get them all on CD so I can keep the whole set in the car.
If you read them do come back & let me know!
Oh! And if you go to her website (click here) you can read about each book. Don't skip ahead though ;) Theres also an 'audio download' link for each book. You can hear a little of her voice.
A list of her books
(There ya go, Leah ;) )
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
2 comments:
Maybe you could link to her website here so that I don't have to look for it myself. I'm lazy.
Thank you, thank you very much.
Post a Comment