Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ultrasound

So at my doc appointment I had to wait a long time in the ultrasound room for the doctor. The machine already had my name across it and there was a default ultrasound picture...

of a fairly well developed baby.

The feelings that slammed through me when I looked at have been difficult to process.

I will probably never see that for real. A baby growing in my womb. Because, of course, during my actual ultrasound it was an empty uterus with a too thin lining.

I still don't really have words for how it made me feel.

I'm still not longing for pregnancy but that was not pleasant. At all.

:(

PS I'm trying to decide if I should write them a note or something. Maybe that wouldn't matter to other people? I don't know.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

WOW I can't even imagine how that must have felt. That would be a slap in the face to someone who couldn't have kids even if you didn't want to physically carry a baby it is still a slap in the face. I am so sorry that that happened. I don't know if writing a letter would help or not. I've been annoyed by the dr. too when they ask if I'm on birth control. UGH just put it in the chart real big somewhere not to ask because I can't get pregnant. It just hurts to have to keep repeating it. Big hugs Cam and if it makes you feel better write the letter maybe it will fall into the hands of someone who will care and do something about it.

Daisha said...

WRITE THE LETTER!!! I would have been devistated. Talk about the "what might have been" feeling. I am without words...just write the letter or call and talk with someone.

Anonymous said...

Definitely write or call them. {{{Hugs}}} I am so sorry that happened to you!!!!

Patti said...

I am sorry, Cam.

YES! Write the letter. It can't hurt - and may help spare another woman the same pain you felt.

Hugs - Pep

Stephanie said...

Cam, I think I would have felt much the same way and would definitely write the letter! ((Hugs))