Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fresh Fruit & Memories

I wrote this post yesterday while we were driving and saved it...

-----------------

Right now Drew & I are traveling to a town 120 miles away.

**Side Note - Leah has had an unbelievable growth spurt. She is literally down to two pairs of pants (no jeans), a couple pairs of shorts, 6 or 7 shirts, and 7 dresses - except 5 of them are summer dresses. I don't know what you know about Wyoming - but the last two years our first snows were on Sept 21st and Sept 29th. We are only 3 weeks away. Anyway - we're off to get her an entire wardrobe today. At least we made it through the summer so that we only need to buy a winter wardrobe, right?

So Drew & I are chatting and eventually wind around to memories. We starting talking about some specific memories and I laughed and said my favorites - of the dating year - are the ones were he made it blatantly obvious how much he liked me.

One day I was working at a fruit stand at the grocery story where my current job was (I was voted to work the fruit stand because of all the checkers I was the only the manager believed could make correct change in my head! LOL Apparently this is a lost skill in the world of technology). Drew came up to the fruit stand and said hello. He was on his way to a doctor's appointment and stopped for a snack. He proceed to eat a completely UNripe peach. I mean ROCK hard. I said, "Don't eat that it's not ripe!" and he says, "I like them that way." The look on his face as he chewed completely betrayed him. Gross. Unripe peaches have no flavor and they are so hard. And immediately I thought - huh, this guy is just here to see me! He wanted to eat that unripe peach so he could keep talking to me!

PS The doctors appointment was real - 120 miles away - however the store I was at was in the wrong direction for his travels ;)

I'm ever so grateful he made it obvious he liked me! And that he still loves me so much.

1 comments:

Connie Babe said...

that's so sweet! your hubby, obviously not the peach.