I have been collecting all the books for a few weeks from various online places. She said she just used the library but I went to our library and I wasn't going to be able to get but a few of the 25 books. I found a lot on ebay that had 11 of them plus 7 companion books. (companion books - for example, one of the books is Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? - so there were other Jesse Bear books in the lot). I got others on amazon. One book single on eBay - it's on its way here from Australia! That was going to be nearly 30 on amazon but even with shipping from Australia I'm only paying 14 for it.
See, some of these books are out of print and that makes some of them cheap and some of them insanely expensive.
So through searching - and this morning another online friend turning me onto a cheaper version of The Blue Boat (hooray!) - I have one book left to get.
The Quiet Way Home.
By Bonnie Becker

I am not kidding. The cheapest I can find this book is 66 dollars. Right now the most I've paid for one is 18.99 (that was The Blue Boat). And the least is .01. Really I've gotten some awesome deals.
But this book? No. $66 - $188. That's the prices I've seen.
So, if you know me and you happen to see this book at a garage sale. or in some random book store. or on the side of the street. Pick it up. I'll pay. I promise. Just don't pay 66 bucks for it! Pay 20. Or 25 cents is good too. ;)
Really, if it's that famous I'm sure this will be one I can get at the library. So we can do the lessons that go with it and return it. No big deal.
But I'd really like to have my own copy since I have all the others!
1 comments:
Wow. I cannot believe it's going for that much money. That's insane. I got from inter-library loan. Have you asked on the FIAR website/message boards if anyone there would be willing to sell it to you?
Sue
PS: That Amazing Grace was incredible.
Post a Comment