Tuesday, March 17, 2009

24 Hours

This weekend my husband - my dear wonderful gem of a husband - took Leah and went to spend the night with his parents 100 miles away from here and gave me TWENTY-FOUR HOURS alone in my house.

What lead to this delicious day of alone-ness?

I need - in a very real way - time to myself sometimes. If I get even 20 minutes a day completely alone I can function just fine. But I need it to center myself. When Leah was tiny, Drew would come in the door from work, take her, and I would go in the office and shut the door. How long I stayed in there depended on how the day had gone but it was never more than 30 minutes. Sometimes it was only 10. I really don't need much time but I do need it.

So since Drew has gotten cut off work (again. ugh.) we haven't been making sure I get that. Even when I pointed out to Drew his first response was to apologize and said "Oh! I should have thought of that first! I'm sorry." Sweet man. Why should he anticipate my need that I've been neglecting? lol

Anyway, I suggested he go visit just for Sunday during the day and he said he'd take her over night. So they left at 7:30 PM on Saturday and came home at 9 Sunday night. (Okay I know that's more than 24 hours but he left 1.5 hours late. lol We planned 24 hours.)

So after they left on Saturday I went to the grocery store and shopped. I had earlier in the day gone through the ad, loaded coupons to my value card online (how cool is that?) and printed 3 other coupons. I saved 64.17 doing that! (*thank you, thank you*). I enjoyed that. I came home and put the things that need to be in the fridge/freezer away, cooked the crab I bought myself, and relaxed and watched TV. I cleaned my room after that and read until 2 am.

Then I slept until 9:50! No one woke me up at all! When I first sat up and looked at the clocked I acutally shouted "YES!" and then a split second later "oops." Because church started at 9 AM. lol

I got up and quickly got ready while also making some treats for the girls at church and hurried off to church. I at least go to attend the last hour and see the girls. That's my favorite part of church.

Then I came home, got my MP3 player and listened to my current audio book and I cleaned. Top to bottom. Every nook and cranny. All day.

And all the worries and fears I couldn't let go of this last week. All the things that were making me feel paralyzed about my life? Everything is back in it's place.

Something about taking my home and putting it in order - quelling all the chaos - also quelled all my internal chaos.

All the problems are still there but I'm functionally well again!

Life is good!

And I LOVE my husband!

3 comments:

Sue said...

That's so cool that you got that time to yourself, Camille. What a great husband you have! And the "clean house helps quell stress in every area of life" thing? Yeah. I completely get that.

Sue

Daisha said...

What a man!!! Mark takes Tyce often and gives me my alone time. I too have to have that time every day. I envy 24 hours though. WONDERFUL!!! Glad you had so much fun!

Connie Babe said...

i'm glad you are less stressed.

and i'm glad you have the marriage that you do.