Ahhh my neighbor.
So the very next morning after the above post...
I'm standing outside on the step, with the door open, talking to Drew standing inside our home still and the neighbor drives up. As she gets out of her car I look over at her - with what I'm sure translated as a look of disgust. She kind of made a face at me and I rolled my eyes and turned back towards Drew.
And she calls out something like "You don't have to give me dirty looks!"
And flashes through my head "You have GOT to be kidding me. After all of this now she wants to tell me what to do with my FACE?!?!"
And I turned back to her and... well... I lost it.
There was a lot of yelling back and forth.
Drew came out at one point and yelled at her & I got him to go back in the house. Two women is one thing but a man & a woman is another issue. Anyway.
She threatened to call the police (for WHAT?), she threatened sue me (for WHAT?) - when she mentioned the lawyer I just started laughing - she didn't take that well. hehe
She accused me of stealing a rock. Ya, you read that right - A rock. Not many rocks. A single rock.
When we moved into this place there was a huge mound of rocks in the backyard. We used them to line all the beds. I mentioned this and asked what reason I would have to steal A rock from her house and she said "there's paint from my house on a rock over there!" and I said "You are making that up." and she changed the subject.
She said she's missed work before because we were blocking her driveway - to which I also said "You're making that up." Seriously? What sane person would NOT go to work instead of knocking on the door? Besides that fact that it's never happened. Whatever. She changed the subject again. At some point she did say she had pictures and I said I wanted to see them. As of yet no pictures of materialized. Imagine that.
I pointed out that we put up with the noise of her dogs and her dogs eating our fence, etc. And she said she has pictures of MY dog eating the fence. (sense a theme here??) We didn't even HAVE A DOG when that happened. Never mind her dog had to stand on the dog house to chew it. There is nothing back there for my dog to stand on.
At some point I said "What in the world have I ever done that you needed to start out being so rude to me??" And she changed the subject. (sigh.)
And then I said "You don't have to be such a b$*#&" And she about lost her mind.
And she went in her house, yelling out a name I will not even come close to repeating. And she called the police.
I had been on my way to the store so I went ahead and ran down there. In the meantime I called Drew and told him to take Leah and leave the house. That I would come back and deal with the police. I didn't want Leah to be there.
So I get back and sure enough. There's a cop car outside my house. I was getting out of my van to go in and Brad (from church - husband of Kristen who is on my blog roll) drove up. He wanted to know why there was a cop car outside my house. lolol
So while I'm talking to him the cop came over. I did my level best to smile and be cheery and reasonable with him. I think he liked me. At first he said he was going to ticket me for calling her a name - she OF COURSE - had not mentioned what she called me. He did not ticket me after I told him what she said (apparently there's a city ordinance about swearing?!? whatever). We talked about what happened, some of the issues I've had with her, how my neighbor on the other side parks the same way we do and it's never once made me angry. It never even crossed my mind to be angry!
She acts like the world is conspiring against her and her parking her car.
Heaven only knows what she tells herself but she comes across like one of those - I don't know - just very entitled people.
That's her 5 inches of law, that's her property line for parking, blah blah blah.
Oh at some point I sarcastically said "Should I call the cops when all 3 of your dogs are barking up a storm??" and she says "You really want to play this like that?" and I said "We already are. YOU already called the police!!" That's when she switched to the lawyer thing that made me laugh.
So we have a plan to paint a line on the curb when it's warm enough and we're gonna put up a low fence - this fence will be fun - only because when she "claimed" her few inches of lawn - she put down rocks - that are VERY clearly over the line into our yard. And we didn't complain of course - but I'll get to move them when we put the fence up.
I look forward to it with glee.
I promised the cop I would go back to being overly agreeable.
I don't want to talk to that woman ever again. I have real issues in my life, kwim? I don't need to deal with that kind of person.
I just don't get it.
And I don't want to!
But I am gonna enjoy moving those rocks.
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
3 comments:
2 things. :)
1 - check with the city before painting the curb...just so she doesn't make them sue you.
2 - so, what you're really saying is you won't be bringing her to the next enrichment night? ;)
LOLOLOL
1 - I asked the cop and he thought it was a great idea
2 - No, probably not. LOL
An Invisible Fence is a good idea if you want to keep your dog safe.
Post a Comment