I’m feeling very emotional about her this evening. I doubt I can find the words for how wonderful I think she is. All the amazing parts of her, the ‘secret’ parts that only I get to see because she’s too reserved to show it to the world.
The parts everyone gets to see too. Her kindness. Her ability to draw in the other children around her and involve them all. It’s fascinating to watch.
She has such a tender heart. She makes me a better mother. “Don’t yell at me mommy!” I can reprimand her all I want but if I do it in a raised voice she doesn’t hear it at all. I’ll thank her for that someday – maybe when she becomes a mother.
She is having a phase about food I don’t adore all that much but we don’t have to go there today…
Here are some fun pictures of my 6 year old…
These are from last Friday. The things she wanted to do for her birthday were in Denver so we celebrated it on Friday when she didn’t have school.
Looking all embarrassed about us singing to her…
This is her favorite new outfit from her Grandma Howe. She chose it to wear to school for her birthday today. SO cute.
She wanted to take pumpkin cookies to school but we didn’t get home until very late last night (that’s a whole ‘nother blog post in the making. Tomorrow perhaps.) I offered to make them early this morning and bring them to school but she didn’t want me to do it (she’s so sweet!) and suggested running to the bakery to get them. So Drew & Leah did that and then took them to school. But I felt bad so I made pumpkin cookies today anyway and had them done when she got home from school. (The pumpkin cookie recipe will probably be another post. This was the first time I’ve done this particular recipe and I doubt I’ll ever even look for another one again. Yum.)
PS This morning while we’re getting ready for school Leah says to me:
I feel so old!
1 comments:
you and yours are fortunate to have her...and she you...love that girl!
Post a Comment