Monday, November 21, 2011

Twilight Anniversary

The first twilight movie came out on Nov 21st which just happens to be my anniversary. That year I told my husband that all I wanted for a present was for him to go to that movie with me.   And for each successive year I've requested the same thing. The only qualification was that he had to smile and pretend he liked it - even if he didn't. haha.

However, this is his review as we walked out of Breaking Dawn, Part 1 tonight:

That's it. They've got me.
We have these books, right? 

If you know anything about Drew, you know - this is seriously high praise. He proceeded to discuss his plan for when he would have time to read and that he had a whole year before the next one came out. He's all excited.

I loved it too. The most of the 4 so far. It was fantastic.

My Anniversary...

Years ago I gave Drew a thin book of a few Rumi (Birth 1207- Death 1273) poems. And this particular poem has been rolling around in my head today. It's a good one I think.

Sweetheart you have aroused my passion
your touch has filled me with desire
I am no longer separate from you
These are precious moments
I beseech you, Don't let me wait
Let me merge with you.
~Rumi

This one too: 

Dear God,
Let all Lovers be content
Give them happy endings
Let their lives be celebration
Let their hearts dance in the fire of your Love.
Rumi

0 comments: