Sunday, November 27, 2011

Simple Woman

Find it here.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It's dark and windy and cold. (That sounds forlorn but really in here it's Christmas-y and there is a fire roaring the fireplace. It's rather lovely.)

I am thinking...  about finishing my Christmas shopping tomorrow. I have everything left I need to get in carts online but I was waiting for "Cyber Monday" so I don't miss out on any deals.

I am thankful... for this guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcNJqr84Lnw&feature=fvwp&NR=1 - today. I really wanted some egg drop soup and a quick YouTube video and I was good to go. It was yummy even. I added some green onions and a little more soy sauce after.

From the learning rooms... not much really. Although today Drew was reading a book to Hannah that shows how a duck comes from an egg and she was literally staring with her mouth hanging open. She was flat amazed and I thought - huh. Time to start doing the school stuff with her, I guess. She was 20 months yesterday.

In the kitchen...it's a little messy. It was a lovely Sunday (minus being sick still - but much better!) but we didn't do much by way of chores. We did decorate the house though!

I am wearing... pjs. 

I am creating... a lot of presents for Christmas. This to-do list WILL get done though!

I am going... finish this post and go curl up on the couch, in front of the fire, and watch TV with Drew.

I am wondering... if the above answer is the right choice. Perhaps I should go to bed?

I am reading... I just finished War Breaker by Brandson Sanderson. I really love him. I have another of his on deck. I can't think of the name. It's part of another series of his.

I am hoping... to grocery shop tomorrow but it sounds kind of unpleasant with my stomach still churning at random food thoughts.

I am looking forward to... Christmas! (and my birthday - that's first!)

I am hearing... the TV (Burn Notice)

Around the house... I love Christmas! It's fun to have all these things up.

I am pondering... what lessons I can do this year to remind Leah the true point of Christmas. We haven't had had enough time at church these days and I'm worried. I need to be healthy. It's not fair for her learning to suffer! Ugh.

One of my favorite things...  the sound of a child Hannah's age laughing - it's such a pure sound. No guile. No pretending. If she's laughing - something is funny.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Lots of Christmas present making

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


0 comments: