1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp. cake flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Small splash of vanilla
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips, optional
Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork.
Add egg, mix thoroughly.
Pour in milk and oil and vanilla, mix well.
Add chips, if using.
Put mug in microwave, and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts.
Cake will rise over top of mug--do not be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little; tip onto a plate if desired.
Eat!
(This can serve two if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)
*******
So for Preschool yesterday we made this mug cake. I used mugs that are soup mugs - so larger than the recipe called for.
The girls thought it was SO cool that I let them each make their own cakes.
PS This is what the cocoa powder was for!
Each standing on their own stool & stirring...![]()
Just before it went in the microwave
Finished!
Yummy! We added chocolate frosting too. They each at about a 1/3 of the cake but, of course they wanted to each make their own. It would be mean to make them share.
We did put in the optional chocolate chips. I won't next time though. they all sink to the bottom. Just better to add some frosting.
The texture is kind of like steamed cake. It's good. Not the best chocolate cake ever.
2 comments:
What an awesome idea to use as part of your "Preschool"! I am gonna share that with our teachers. How fun! :-) And..it looks really delicious, too!
You're not only teaching the girls wonderful things, you are creating fantastic memories. If I lived closer and had a little one, we'd join right in with you! Enjoy is Cam!
PS..that was supposed to be "Enjoy it Cam!" ..sorry
Post a Comment