This morning I awoke at 5:15 AM. And my husband was nowhere to be found. He was already gone for work.
As part of our life Drew comes and goes at all hours to take trains from point A to point B. It's an erratic lifestyle to be sure.
Whenever he is called to leave in the middle of the night, he always wakes me up to say goodbye and kisses me, etc. Every now & then when I awake later I don't remember. It's a pretty rare occurrence. And I HATE IT.
I hate wandering the house looking for him, checking to see if his stuff is gone and always it makes me cry. As long as I remember saying goodbye I'm fine but I hate not remembering.
So I texted back and forth with him a little bit & at some point he said "My train is almost here or I would come home and kiss you again."
"I so wish you could." I said back. Then I said "I love you. I hope you have a good trip!"
"love you too" he says.
I little later I'm sitting on the bed still all weepy & I see lights in the driveway. It was him! I run down the stairs and open the door & burst into tears. Hugging, kissing and then he says "My train is actually there but they can't leave without me."
Me: "Thank you so much. Love you." Him: "love you too" Another hug, another kiss and he's on his way.
If you understand about my husband that this man is NEVER late for work EVER, you will understand how it's all the more sweet. He is always AT LEAST 30 minutes early for work. If it's anytime after that he feels like he's late. He started this career on the railroad wanting to be "the guy who is always ready to go early, with paperwork in hand". And now after 2 years on the job - he is. Engineers love that when they arrive that Drew is already there and always ready to leave. It's the conductors job to have the paperwork ready but so many conductors don't show up until it's time for the train to leave and they still have to get the paperwork done. And often the engineer ends up doing it themselves just to get out of there on time.
Anyway, the fact that he left a waiting train just to come home so I'd remember kissing him goodbye - wow. I love that man.
And clearly - he loves me too.
I sent him a text after he left that said "You are seriously the best husband ever."
And later I got one back that said "Made especially for the best wife ever."
Love him!
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
5 comments:
wow! That was so sweet!
Awww, that's something that would happen in a movie!
Oh my heck!
At first, I was reading and thinking, I understand that sad and lost feeling when you don't remember...
And then I ended up almost teary eyed...okay...I'm teary eyed...because I'm so happy that you have a husband who would do that.
You done good girl!!!
That is soooo sweet and perfect...XD
Sooo sweet, Cam!!
Post a Comment