Monday, September 15, 2008

Oreos

Connie did a mean thing to me not too long ago. Maybe it wasn't mean. Maybe it was the best thing in the long run...


So normally I like to eat an Oreo something like this (although usually just with two layers):

DSC00060 

So we're eating Oreos at church and Connie says "I don't like double stuff because I think that stuff feels like shortening." A harmless statement you say? I THINK NOT. The very next Oreo I take a bite of... I kind of gagged on. Sick. No way now I can eat them like I used to.

Do you see how much thinner that is on the right? Double Stuff vs. Regular Oreo.

I tell Connie about the gagging on the Oreos and she says I should try reduced fat Oreos - very little stuffing apparently. I couldn't find a picture for comparison. No one wants pictures of reduced fat Oreos?

The problem? I stock the Nabisco stuff at the store. We don't CARRY reduced fat Oreos. If I made the order I could remedy that but I don't. Sad.

I don't even think Connie feels bad (You don't do you?!?!) She said something about me being a diabetic... sheesh.

And now this just looks revolting...

But in my search for a picture of reduced fat I came across this picture:

If you click on the picture it will take you to the recipe for those. Heaven help me.

So that's my sad Oreo story!

2 comments:

Leah Marie said...

That's sad for you. That super high stacked one looks awesome.

Connie Babe said...

sorry.

i stand by what i said.

the low fat ones don't taste like shortening.

not that i'm a fan of low fat anything, mind you.

but i am sorry. didn't mean to ruin one of your joys.

but you are diabetic. :D