Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Morning Chitchat

L: "Sam has a tail but I don't have a tail."

Me: "Sam is a dog. You are a girl."

L: "Daddy has a tail."

Me: "No, he doesn't."

L: "Yes, he does. Right here." (Oh ya. She's pointing where you are thinking...)

Me: "Oh. That's not a tail. That's a penis. Daddy has a penis because he's a boy."

L: "Oh. A penis."

Then she was off on another topic. I am proud of myself for not busting into laughter because she would have been so embarrassed.

I can't believe I just had a penis talk with my 2 year old.

Sheesh.

5 comments:

Connie Babe said...

lol...that's sweet.

Renee said...

THAT is hilarious! When Alex was born, my SIL gave him his first bath. My youngest niece was 28mos old at the time.

J: Mommy, what's that? (pointing there)

SIL: That is Alex's penis.

J: Why does he have that?

SIL: Because he is a boy.

J: I don't like the way that looks.

Me: cracking up the entire time because OMG I am so immature!

Your post brought back memories!!!

Jaycey said...

that's super funny!

Heather said...

Just wait until she starts telling people about how the dog likes to wag its penis. ;)

Amy Kay said...

Camille, That is funny. The kids watch me change diapers, and sometimes Hayden(3) asks when I'm changing a girls diaper,

"Mommy, where is her pee pee." And I tell him, "It's right there". and I point in the direction, I say, "She has a different one than you, your a boy."
Yeah these kind of conversations with 2 and 3 year olds just seems strange.

I just wanted to let you know I tagged you on my blog, so please check it out and see what I've asked you to do, it should be fun. Love, Amy ;)