Leah has been begging to go to school. She's only 2. She's not actually old enough yet. But every day as she sees the kids walking home from school. "I want to go to school. I want to go with my friends!" It's more than I can stand! My poor kid. There's really not any preschool options here anyway. We aren't poor enough for one and then for the other she would need to be developmentally behind - she's not nearly that either LOL
So I have devised a plan to satisfy this need for her. I am now teaching preschool. Her cousin (3.5) is going to be coming over on Tues & Thurs for "school" from 2-4. I have a curriculum, lesson plans, crafts, supplies - all kinds of things set up for them now.
http://www.abchomepreschool.com
http://www.letterortheweek.com
http://www.preschooleducation.com
Between all of these things I think I've developed enough things! At the home preschool one I bought the package where you download and print it yourself (the others have tons of free stuff). I got some sheet protectors and I put the worksheets inside of them. Then they can do the same worksheets over & over again. I got them tons of other stuff too. I bought 3 matching boxes. Once of them is huge - that's mine. The two smaller (same size) are for the girls. One for each of them - to hold their individual supplies.
Yesterday we had our first day - they loved those boxes! lol
It really was fun but I don't know how people deal with whole classrooms of preschoolers. Two is plenty ;)
They have different skills. E (the cousin) is better with a writing instrument but Leah's logic skills are better, etc. I'm sure I'll find more things as we go along and need to work around that.
AND Leah started a dance class on Wednesdays. Well, it's a combo class - some dance, some tumbling, some baton stuff, etc. She thought it was the coolest thing ever.
So our new schedule will be:
Monday - Church Lesson from the Nursery Manual ( http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,8184-1-4470-1,00.html - I did actually order the manual. It's here already. I got the old one too. They haven't been doing these lessons at church in Nursery & I don't want her to miss out on them! We'll do it in the evening so it counts as Family Home Evening - http://www.lds.org/hf/fhe/welcome/0,16785,4210-1,00.html )
Tuesday - School at home
Wednesday - Dance in the AM & a Moms & Tots class in the PM (same thing but I get to do it with her)
Thursday - School at home
Friday - Library Day
Each thing is just a couple hours a day. Enough that she has something to look forward to everyday but not so much that it's overwhelming for a 2 year old. Saturdays I'm not putting anything particular - and Sunday is church :)
I guess we'll see how it goes!
Yesterday we drew As in rice in a cookie sheet. We did circles, triangles, and THEN As actually. We traced As on worksheets. We did a little painting, we used little scissors to play with construction paper, we used glue sticks to glue things on a paper plate after drawing their hands on it, we listened to music and danced. (They each had pom poms in their hands and whenever the music stops you have to freeze. Great fun!). There was more. I forget what else. lol
Today after nap time we're off to the library!
4 comments:
You are awesome!!!
That Leah is a lucky girl to have you.
It all just sounds like so much fun!!!!
Fun, fun! Lucky girls to have you so invested in the important stages of learning.
Tyce has really been wanting to go to school too. Maybe I should do something like that. We'll see how well I can keep it up after baby arrives but Tyce needs something. He LOVES learning!
Post a Comment