The other day he says to me "Watch this."**
(Leah was in the middle of drawing pictures)
Drew: Hey Leah! Draw a picture of yourself for me, okay?Leah proceeds to labor over a picture of herself. And the longer she labors over it the bigger Drew is grinning. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he looked so pleased with himself. He's just ever so odd. lol
Leah: Okay, Daddy!
It took her about 20 minutes or so and finally she says "Here ya go, Daddy!" and he praised her for the picture and she happily skipped from the room.
Then he tells me - When you ask a child to draw a picture of themselves like that, it's a measure of their self-esteem. The longer they spend drawing the picture the higher their self-esteem.
Who knew? Not me.
But it's good to know she thinks well of herself... especially since *I* think she hung the moon.
**as an aside - I hate this phrase. Leah says it 100 million times a day.
1 comments:
thank you for teaching your daughter to love herself! you are a most excellent mother.
Post a Comment