Monday, November 22, 2010

I live in Wyoming.

How did you end up where you're living right now? What factors will help you choose the next place you live?

Well...

I did move to Wyoming of my own accord in 1996. I wanted to work for my bioDad for awhile and take a break from college. So that fall semester I didn't do school. I worked for him, lived here in Rawlins. In January I started taking classes again at the outreach center here. In an English class, I met Drew for the first time. And then a few weeks later I saw him at church and discovered we went to the same church and just hadn't seen each other. The rest of that is history, of course.

We moved around quite a bit but we were in Idaho after finishing college and I thought we'd stay there but alas. Drew really wanted to come back here. And he really wanted to work for the railroad. So here we are. Living in Rawlins again. Not my dream town but it's not a horrible place to live.

We will at some point move to Cheyenne. As soon as Drew has enough seniority to keep us there year round (which could be as soon as next summer). And likely we'll live there for a long time. Although you just never really know what is around the corner, I guess.

But I think I'd really like to live in Cheyenne. There are a lot of things there, it's only 45 min from Ft. Collins and only 88 miles from Denver. Way more access to a number of things than I have now.

And with all my food allergies? Seriously? It'd be really nice to be able to shop in the kind of store where I had lots of choices!

1 comments:

Connie Babe said...

i'm with you on the more choices. but if you move before i do, then i will miss you...because you are one of the great things about this here town.

glad we have blogs and facebook!