Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hannah & Food

This child loves food. That is not emphatic enough.

Hannah. LOVES. food. LOVES LOVES LOVES FOOD.

If you are eating something in front of her, you must share or she must be eating too.

If she sees a perfect stranger eating, she expects some.

If she sees a food she hasn't had before, the moment she realizes it's food she wants some.

An example:

Today in church - There is a family in front of us. The kids are eating goldfish. Hannah watches for a few seconds. Food to Mouth. Food to Mouth. And then starts trying to leap off of me over the pew to get their snacks. The fit got to be so much I actually had to get up and take her out to calm her down.

It didn't matter that I had 3 different treats for her. What mattered is there was a food over there she hadn't tried yet. And she wanted it. She wanted it RIGHT NOW.

I literally have to only eat things she can also eat when she's awake. The rest of my food is while she's sleeping.

It's so fun to watch. Her hysteria, her excitement. And her absolutely DELIGHT when she tries a new food. I have to force myself to remember that she's 7 months old. There are just some things she cannot eat yet. Her little guts are too young!

Oh and she won't eat baby food anymore. It's not what we're eating - she doesn't want it either!

3 comments:

Jaycey said...

What are her favorite snacks?

NIblet said...

This is actually so good 'cus she will try all the good things as well, yes? But then Drew has to eat the fire-hot cheetos in his closet, I suppose. Hey, but I bet you'll be able to train her young to like hot foods like salsa, then nothing will bug her. She seems like a truly adventurous spirit!

Connie Babe said...

yup. you have the perfect daughters for you and your cooking!