I was looking through blogging prompts and picked this one at random...
Where were you and what were you doing ten years ago?
I had to go find my husband and discuss this with him to make sure I remembered right.
10 years ago - Nov 2000. We had moved to Laramie, WY in Apr 2000 to finish college. So in Nov 2000 we were in the midst of a semester of college and living in a one bedroom apartment on campus. It was the smallest thing ever.
I remember the first day in that apartment. The manager showed us around and I acted cheery enough. She gave us the keys and left and I sat down in the middle of that tiny living room and sobbed for maybe 5 minutes. Drew was just sort of standing by me and patting me. He didn't know what to do. I was saying "I don't know if I can do this." etc.
Then I stopped. I stood up and said, "Okay. Let's unload the truck!" Poor man looked so confused. He called his brother and they proceeded to dump everything we owned into the living room (well - not everything we owned. It wouldn't have all fit!). Even the dining table was on top of the stuff upside down. It took me less than 48 hours. I was like a crazy driven woman. I had that place all organized and looking like we'd lived there forever.
We didn't live there horribly long but it was just right at the time. I think we paid 365/month? And that included all the bills - phone, internet, cable, everything. We had to pay our rent and our car insurance and buy food.
Man those were simple times. I wish we still lived that cheap! I can't quite imagine it. lol
Although it was in this apartment that I had my first miscarriage. That was not so simple. Or so great. I had no idea what was coming.
But all is well. I have a FIVE year old! And a 7.5 month old. That's so amazing to me. Life happened as it's bound to do. It certainly hasn't taken all the paths I had planned on. Okay - it's taken NONE of the paths I planned on and yet - all is well! And probably better than what I had planned. As far as children go, I cannot fathom two more delightful beings in this world. That part of life is PERFECT!
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
1 comments:
The fruits from adversity are awesome!
Post a Comment