So I'm scared of guns. I don't want to see them. I don't want to touch them. I don't know what to do with one.
The power behind them, the permanency of the damage they can cause. It's just scary.
But recently a friend has convinced me that I should do something about that.
Then a couple days ago I saw this post on Facebook (I'm "friends" with the rec center):
Women's Hand Gun Basics Course will be offered in our indoor shooting range. This is an NRA Registered course taught by a certified instructor. Minimum 8 hour course. Certificate of proficiency upon completion. ONLY 8 SPOTS AVAILABLE. Begins Nov 30th. Hand guns available for participants. Cost is $25.00. For more information or questions give us a call! 324-####.
As it turns out it's actually on Nov. 20th. It meets from 8 am - 4 pm.
I'm doing it. I've paid and signed up. I told my mom about it and she decided it sounded "fun". (Crazy lady) So she's going to go with me. We were numbers 5 & 6 to register.
I have a 140 page book I have to read before the class starts.
Am I insane?
Facing the fear! Yikes.
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
1 comments:
oooh...i am considering this...because i need to know my gun better. like, sometimes, i go in my closet and see how quick and quietly i can get it out of the case...i know i can change the empty clip for a full clip fast...but then? yikes...i only shoot with doug, so, i need to be comfy in my own right.
i'm proud of you!
Post a Comment