Okay that's probably a bit of an understatement. I'm a cry baby but that's not really my point...
Today we went to Leah's Thanksgiving Preschool Lunch. The kids stood up front and sang two songs to us. All 3-5 year old children, lined up in one long line.
The songs both had motions. Leah was SO into it. She was so happy and so enjoying what she was doing. Shame one me for not bringing my camera. I don't think I've ever seen her so into something. The pure happy on her face while they performed that song.... Ya. I cried.
And every now and then I have these moments... these... "Oh my gosh. I'm a MOM!" moments. And they totally overwhelm me when it happens.
There was so much longing, for so many years.
And now every once in a while in the day-to-day life of being a mother, these moments smack into me for a minute. And I feel like I can't breathe for a second and then I cry.
I love being a mommy.
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
2 comments:
You are a GREAT mom!! I can tell because your beautiful girls always look so happy and peaceful! Enjoy every minute...and every screech...and every tear!!
((((HUGS)))) to you, my friend!
awwwww!
Post a Comment