There are a lot of facebook status messages about the cold weather in various areas. I just have to say...
THIS is cold.
The low tonight is -9 and the wind is whipping around like mad. And this is our wind chill warning...
* WIND CHILL VALUES... WIND CHILLS WILL DROP BELOW MINUS 30 DEGREES LATE THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE THROUGH EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.
* IMPACTS... PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO THESE VERY COLD TEMPERATURES AND WIND CHILLS WILL INJURE OR KILL EXPOSED LIVESTOCK OR HUMANS. WIND CHILL VALUES THIS LOW ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS... SO STAY INDOORS OR ADD EXTRA LAYERS AND COVER ALL EXPOSED SKIN IF YOU HAVE TO GO OUTDOORS.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
THE WIND CHILL IS THE TEMPERATURE YOUR BODY FEELS WHEN THE AIR TEMPERATURE IS COMBINED WITH THE WIND SPEED. WITH WIND CHILLS BELOW MINUS 30 DEGREES... FROSTBITE CAN OCCUR IN AS LITTLE AS 5 TO 10 MINUTES. THE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE PARTS OF THE BODY ARE THE EXTREMITIES SUCH AS FINGERS... TOES... EAR LOBES... OR THE TIP OF THE NOSE.
Do you see that? Frostbite in 5-10 MINUTES!?!
If it's 30 degrees at your house? It's not cold.
That's all I have to say about that. :)
PS I finally remembered to order myself a winter coat tonight. I'm a G.E.N.I.U.S. How's that for a day late, eh?
3 comments:
i knew it was cold.
and at least i know why the ice on roads isn't melting.
well, that and because wyoming doesn't seem to know how to use that salt thing!!!
do you have your hot coco machine working?
So you're saying that our 45 isn't cold. Hmmmm. Okay, I guess I can live with *your* definition.
Post a Comment