Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaBloPoMo - The End!

This was not hard this year. And now I have all these things I want to blog about and I can't decide which one to use to end NaBloPoMo - and then it occurs to me...

I don't actually HAVE to stop blogging today! ha. I just don't necessarily have to do it every day.

***

My Christmas dilemma:

My guess is that Hannah + A Christmas tree = DISASTER.

She is in that fantastic baby stage of "MUST TOUCH. MUST TOUCH. MUST TOUCH." everything she sees. I don't want to spend the entire Christmas season keeping her away from the tree.

I think we've decided not to put up the big tree. We can get a little 3 ft tree and put it up on a stool in the corner out of her reach. I think that will work.

I involved Leah in the idea planning for that one so that she wouldn't feel like we just arbitrarily announced we weren't putting up the big tree.

I actually love this baby stage. They're so inquisitive and learning everything so so fast. It's just fun to watch. But the tree? It's just a fight I don't want to deal with every day.

So... Merry Christmas! I promise I'm not bah hum buggin' - just not gonna have a huge tree in the front window!

2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Scrooge.

JK. Actually, I have a post tomorrow about Christmas trees! I understand, though. At least you'll have a little one, though!

Connie Babe said...

you might want to put a baby gate around that stool...i've just heard about that hannah who thinks she's already grown up...so, the stool might not be enough...

you make me smile because for years we had a 3 foot tree on top of our tv console. worked fine while i had little folks...and then when jaycey was almost 2 1/2, we were brave and got the big tree...ah...that was better. :)