Friday, October 17, 2008

Meatballs

I was having a craving for meatballs. I decided to do some research and try a new recipe. So I went to google & put in:

italian meatballs recipe award

I wanted something that had won a contest or something. I read several recipes and then I made up my own new recipe. I don't know why I can't follow a recipe but I think maybe I'm incapable of not "tweaking" it! LOL

1 lb ground meat (don't use too low fat or your meatballs will be dry)
3 cloves garlic
2 eggs
1/2 tsp dried basil + about 10 fresh leaves chopped up
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp crushed bay leaves
1/4 teaspon freshly ground peppercorn (I used a 4 colored mixture)
1 tsp salt
an overflowing 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs (I just ground a some potato bread in my magic bullet)

Mix it all up, form the meatballs (whatever size floats your boat), and then pan fry in a little olive oil.

I dumped 'em in a colander to drain and then added to sauce.

Yeah for spaghetti & meatballs!

Of course after I made the meatballs I wanted to just forget the sauce & sit down and eat myself into oblivion with those meatballs! They were so soft & so perfect.

Happy Sigh. I wish I'd made a bigger batch! Next time I'll at least double everything.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Grated cheese....that's all your missing!

Connie Babe said...

you are better than i am.

i cheat and do the italian meatballs from schwans. :D