Background - two weeks ago I decided to have Leah start taking her naps in her bedroom. I figured she wasn't ever going to make the choice to sleep in her own bed if she hadn't ever tried it and since she'll nap anywhere that seemed like a good place to start. She didn't resist at all except once about 10 days in but she was an hour late for that nap and really was just resisting napping at all!
Conversation between Drew & Leah (as related by Drew):
L: Monsters aren't real, are they?
D: No, there's no such thing as monsters.
L: No such thing as monsters.
.... quiet
L: Am I safe in my room?
D: Whenever Mommy or Daddy are home you are safe!
(then repeat the same question in various forms a few times)
D: Are you gonna sleep in your room?
L: Yes, I'm gonna sleep in my own room by mySELF. (she always emphasizes self like that lol)
And guess what? She's in her bed. I don't know what to do with myself. I want to lay down and weep. I'm holding it together until I know she's asleep. I forgot to have her pee before bed and she came out once to say she has to go potty. I think she has a sippy cup under the covers. That always keeps her awake longer but she takes a drink every time she starts to fall asleep. If those goes on too long I'll go take it away.
Anyway.
In all my cosleeping research I've always hoped to let her make this decision herself, why is it so painful that she's doing it? Does she HAVE to act so grownup about it? Is it wrong that I'm hoping she'll change her mind tomorrow and go back & forth for awhile???
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment