4 oz cream cheese
1/2 jar roasted red peppers (15 oz jar)
4 oz sour cream
a good size handful of fresh spinach leaves
Blend until smooth.
I'm dipping harvest wheat crackers in it. So scrumptious!
:)
*************************
Cakes
On Tracey's blog she did a post about Cake Wrecks. You can read about it there. She said "Show me yours" So here's my whole two cakes. I have to make another in 3 weeks!
Leah's 1st birthday I felt very successful.
Then on Leah's second birthday. I was going to make this cake (just the top half):

Seriously. I made EIGHT boxes of cake & they all fell. First I made 2 - they fell. 2 more - they fell. I couldn't believe it. I've never had a cake fall before. EVER. I've not had once fall since then either.
So we ended up with this cake:
Which I never bothered to take a picture from the front of. Sheesh. Those are penguin suckers. I was going to use them on the earlier cake instead of hand making those little penguins.
I actually went to the store to see if I could buy some unfrosted cakes & still assembled what I wanted. They would not give me unfrosted cakes. And for some reason it was cheaper to buy the already done cake then to buy an UNdecorated one. It was a frustrating part of the day. But the party was still fun!
Edited to add -
I just had this conversation with Leah about her birthday & then I said "Do you know what kind of cake you want?" I was expecting some little kid answer - like "a big cake!" or "a backyardigan cake" or something.
But no.
She says "I want strawberry shortcake."
WHAT?
So I show her pictures.

She chose that. Well, actually she saw a three tiered strawberry shortcake wedding cake. I. think. not. ;) This one:

Strawberry shortcake I can do! But a wedding cake for a 3rd bday? No. :)
1 comments:
Loving your blog, Camille! Hey, would you mind if I linked to that Ellen thing on my blog, too? That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
Sue (From Our Little Corner)
Post a Comment