Thursday, November 12, 2009

Applesauce

PB120057

Here’s the recipe I used: Simply Recipes – Applesauce

I’m sure you’ll be shocked to hear I did exactly what this recipe said. Although it was a recipe with built in “the sugar is guidelines – depends on your apples”. That’s the best kind. ;)

PB120055

I stirred that up so the picture wouldn’t just be apples but really I left the lemon peel and cinnamon on the bottom to make sure they soaked in the water a long time.

After about 30 minutes I pulled the peel and cinnamon stick and dumped it hot into the food processor. Put it on high for about 20-30 seconds. And ta-da! Applesauce:

PB120061

Leah helped with the whole process. She was ever so pleased with all of it. She did discover she doesn’t like applesauce when it’s warm.

This is so good now I don’t want the stuff in the handy jars anymore… great. Just great.