Monday, November 30, 2009

Chip Dip

Today is the last day of NaNoBloMo! I feel like I should do some grand post but... I got nothing grand to share with you today!

I'm sick today and feeling particularly uninspired.

I did make a yummy dip yesterday. I took a picture before I baked it but forgot to afterward.

In the dip I put every cheese in my fridge - mozzarella, sharp cheddar, colby jack,  some white velveeta with green chiles in it (this is something I've never found in name brand velveeta - it's a Kroger brand thing and great for chip dips!), a little parmesan, a brick of cream cheese, sour cream, milk, some juice from a jar of jalapenos (I didn't add the jalapenos because Leah was going to be eating it), salt, pepper, red pepper.

Then I added a bunch of chopped up ham and then I cut the corn off three ears of corn on the cob and added that.

So it was Ham Corn Cheese Dip.

PB290080

This is Drew’s plate – he who was too impatient to wait for me to bake it. Then I forgot to take a picture of the baked version. It just had a slightly crusty top – would have made a better picture though.PB290081  A very hearty chip dip with little bursts of sweetness from the fresh corn. Dinner served!

PS Not exactly a health food. Or particularly great for my blood sugar… But yummy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! I'd ask for the exact recipe, but I doubt you could give it to me!

((((HUGS))))
Krista