Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What's next?

So what does Leah ask me tonight as we run in the store to grab two things after church?

Go on.

Guess.

No. That's not it. Try again.

Nope.

Okay I'll tell you...

"Mom? Can we make applesauce tomorrow?"

"What?"

"Can we buy some apples and make applesauce?"

"Sure baby" (I say this all nonchalantly. Like I ever MAKE applesauce. How 'bout this nice jar Leah? It's not like I don't think I can. It just comes cheap in these nice jars....)

"Hooray! Oh I can't wait!" - and she dances off to the produce section.

You know why this is happening to me? Stupid educational cartoons. Sid the Science Kid. An episode about food decaying. They watched a pumpkin decay and get disgusting. And then they learned - what can you make from old bananas? Banana Bread. What can you make from old apples? You guessed it. Applesauce.

So I'm thinking - UGH. Like I don't have enough to do getting ready for her party on Friday.

But then as she's going to bed and she says her prayers she actually says "Thank you we get to make applesauce tomorrow!" in her prayer.

There's no getting out of this now, is there?

I really do love my kid. She sure keeps me on my toes!

2 comments:

Camela said...

Brilliant!!! Go Leah

Connie Babe said...

and here we have leah...the first iron chef from wyoming!!!