Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hometown

The journal jar strikes again...

Describe the main street of your hometown.

Uh.

I don't have a hometown really. I was born here where we live now but I didn't grow up here. I lived in Georgia from 4 to 10 (in 3 towns), Missouri for a year, and then we moved to Oklahoma just before I turned 12. We moved from there a few weeks after I turned 17 to Massachusetts. I lived there for about 18 months before I headed off to college in Idaho. We moved around since we've been married too. Although I think we're settled now. At some point in our future there'll be a move to Cheyenne. Barring any unforeseen surprises, of course.

Alas I don't know what to say when people ask about or refer to my hometown.

The most continuous I've ever lived in one place is Claremore, Oklahoma but it's hard to call that my hometown when I haven't been there since I was 17 (I'm about to turn 34). And I don't have any family still there or anything.

Besides what I could describe of main street in Claremore is not likely to be true anymore! lol

But this brings my mind around to another topic...

Because of that move the middle of my junior year - I don't think I'll probably ever attend a high school reunion. I didn't graduate in Oklahoma - although I spent most of school there - and I was only in Massachusetts for a year and a half. It just seems awkward.

Now I have to go catch up on Leah's pictures. She'll be four on Saturday and I am woefully behind. Eek!

1 comments:

Connie Babe said...

so...no hometown description eh?

:D