Thursday, November 13, 2008

Birth Story

This morning Leah & I were talking about her birthday tomorrow.

I was holding her and rocking the recliner. She was being very patient with me. Normally she tells me to stop and says "I'm not a baby anymore!" but sometimes when she first wakes up I can get away with it for a few minutes.

Anyway.

I said "Do you want me to tell you about when you were born?"

"Ya Mommy!"

We talked first about how Aunt Jenna & Aunt Leah both have babies in them. She said "in their tummies?" and I talked first about how your tummy is up here (pointing) but babies are down here (pointing again) in your uterus. She loves saying the word uterus. Too funny.

I explained to her that my uterus is broken. And that D (who she has talked to on the phone quite a few times) was where Leah grew. She was fascinated by that even though I've told her before. So I told her some stories that D told me while she was pg about things Leah did and ways she moved in her. She loved that.

Then I told her about how D called us and told us she'd been born. All about driving for two days and the snow and how happy we were. How I got to hold her and rock her just like I was right then.

Sadly, this brought on the aforementioned "I'm not a baby anymore!" and she wanted to sit up.

A little while later when we were up and about she was saying "I grew in D's uterus because your uterus is broken!" She sounded so mature!

She talked about it for quite awhile. Processing I think.

I love this kid!

2 comments:

Daisha said...

How wonderful and wonderfully sad. How can they be 3. I know I will have a hard time on Tyce's birthday next month too. It is just not fair and now Kaze is already getting bigger and changing and it has only been a month. It sucks. It just does.

I love how Leah knows her birth story. We have had this conversation with Tyce a lot lately because he got confused that Kaze grew in my tummy and he figured he did too. Now, when I ask him where he grew...he says...in McKelle's tummy. Then when we ask him what happened next, he says that "she gave me to my mommy and daddy" and we say that is why we love her so much and why he is so special. When we ask where Kaze grew...he says "in mommy's tummy" and he knows that Kaze is special because of that reason.

Does a 3 year old really comprehend? The basics are established anyway! Congrats Leah!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Three!! How exciting! Happy Birthday LEah!