Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is mine & Drew's 11th anniversary!

I am still madly, deeply in love with my husband. I love that man!

It's been kind of an emotional day. This morning 10 minutes before he was supposed to leave for work he got laid off! (Laid off means something different in railroad terms - it moves him from a regular working conductor, to a conductor who is "on call" 2 days out of the week. It's about a 1/4 of the pay - be we still keep insurance, etc. Anyway!) We couldn't believe it. 10 minutes before work!

So he came to the store with me. We were both feeling down but I still had work to be done & we were trying to focus on the fact we got to spend our anniversary together & we thought we weren't. After we finally got home & got Leah down for a nap, I called my bioDad and asked if he would watch Leah tonight while we went to a movie. That set of parents has never babysat her before but she actually asked for them to watch her (so cute!). Then we made plans for him to come over so I could work on his new laptop at 3.

Right after that Drew went to check the railroad boards online & and came running back in the room DANCING (actually the Dora dance "We did it. We did it." and swinging his hips around... don't tell me I told you! hehe). He was back on already!! PLUS they added two guys below him!! He was cut off for 7.5 hours!

Not only that but he was now going to have to go to work around 8 and our movie date was shot! lol

Luckily Dad came at 3 and then Leah wanted to leave with him so we went to the 4:10 movie and Leah hung out with some grandparents. Then Drew went and got me some to go Chinese & then left for work.

It just feels like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster.

30 minutes before we were making a list of house projects he could work on to keep busy! And then suddenly he's going to work again.

I need to sleep. lol

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a crazy day! I'm glad it had a happy ending.

Happy anniversary to you!!

Patti said...

Happy Anniversary Cam and Drew!
Hugs - Pep

Away2me (Deanna) said...

Happy 11th!

Connie Babe said...

Jeepers Creepers!

Happy Anniversary!!! I love how you two are with each other....

Congratulations on the employment front...sorry it was a yo-yo.

And glad you still got to see the movie. :D