
Okay. I think I'm funny. Officially this post IS about kids and cleaners but probably you'd be expecting something like this picture not not what I'm actually going to post ;)
PS I have no idea who that kid is. I just put "kids and cleaners" in google image search
ANYWAY!
SO.
Yesterday we are in the store - Leah & I. We are just getting into a line and in the line next to us there are two women with two children in the cart - one child is a baby & the other is probably 3 - maybe 4. And all the sudden she looks right at Leah, makes this nasty face, points and says "You're a baby!" Leah looks at her with a surprised face and then says "I am not!!" (very indignantly)
Right then one of the women realizes what is happening and starts reprimanding her and telling her to say sorry (which she never did) - and she told her she was going to give her a time out when she got home, etc. I picked Leah up, hugged her, and then had to pay for my groceries. Leah didn't really say anything and I was debating about whether or not to talk to her about it. She was playing and then just standing there looking pensive and then glancing back at that girl so I decided something needed said.
As we were walking out I stood her on the dry ice chest so she could be looking down at me & talked to her about it.
"That girl wasn't being very nice, huh?"
"She called me a baby! I am NOT a baby!"
"No you're not. She was being naughty and her mom is going to make her go home and sit on her bed." (that's what we do for time out)
"She is?"
"Ya, that's what time out means."
"Oh good. She was naughty & rude."
"Yes, she was."
And then we had variations of that conversation for the rest of the day. She even mentioned her this morning trying to relate the story to Drew so I had to tell him.
Rude kid!
****

Cleaners - For all the fancy cleaners there are now - some new, different concoction for every different chore - I love comet!
Sometimes you just have to take the time to scrub the tub down with some comet instead of Bubbles in a can.
Not that I don't have a million different fun cleaners - I'm just sayin': I love me some comet. ;)
3 comments:
My mom isn't allowed to go down the cleaner aisle at city market.
She gets sucked in by all the NEW! signs and wants to buy too much.
Rude and naughty is right! Although it is nice to think of Leah as a baby. LOL
And like you Comet is our cleaner of choice around here. Jake especially likes it. UGH!
rude kid. glad leah stands up for herself! good job mom!
and yeah...it's one of the few times i don't like shopping with jaycey. she doesn't like me looking at all the great new cleaners.
Post a Comment