Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight Review

So I had plans to write a review. But my sister posted one today and now it seems redundant.

Leah's Twilight Review

I will add one thing. And this is DEFINITELY a spoiler if you haven't read the books or seen the movie.

When Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella's bite - Edward is the one who stops and says that her blood tastes clean in the book. In the movie, Carlisle has to say "Stop Edward. You're killing her. Her blood is clean now." (or something of that sort) I feel like that made Edward seem weaker than he is. There is nothing weak about Edward!

Don't get me wrong though - I really did like the movie!

3 comments:

Leah Marie said...

Hmmmm, I disagree with you. I think it highlighted the strength that it took Edward to stop. It was a great way to include how hard it was for him without having a whole conversation about it.

Anonymous said...

My biggest gripe was (as Leah said) Edward's way over-reacted wretch when Bella shows up in Bio. I think of Edward as such a subtle guy. He is the ultimate in self control. Although Bella noticed his intense body language and glaring eyes, (and even Mike noticed)I cannot see him letting his guard down quite so far as to gag.
I also had a hard time with all of the bite scenes. When Carlisle bites edward and Esme, and even when Edward is saving Bella, they just opened up hoover style and went to town. Again, I picture the Cullens as a little more graceful...after all, they are supposed to be the ultimate seducers and predators. I know...such a petty complaint, but visually it was so disturbing to me.
Anyway, I really did love it. After I came home from the theatre, I had that feeling like I always had after reading the books....nostalgic and wishing I could dive back in again.

Jaycey said...

I think they made Edward look psychotic and Jasper look like a druggie..