
- 2 red bell peppers - seeded & chopped
- heaping 4 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves - chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- hot-pepper sauce, salt, & pepper to taste
Once the soup is finished put it in a food processor, a blender, or use a stick blender & completely purée everything until smooth.
Taste the soup & then add salt, pepper, and a little hot-pepper sauce to taste. Remember a little goes a long way with that hot-pepper sauce - you need very little - and even then it's totally optional.
While not necessary, it adds a smoother texture if you strain the soup through a sieve.
***
I served this at a church thing not too long ago & while some people were scared to try my bright orange soup, EVERYONE loved it.
Overwhelmed With Joy is doing a Soup Collection :) Yummy! Perfect timing with winter upon us!
1 comments:
I have never even heard of this type of soup before but it sounds delicious so I will be trying it!
Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Soup Edition recipe exchange from last week! I hope you’ll join in my recipe exchange again today.
Post a Comment