Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm boring.

I'm feeling very nostalgic about my little girl these weekend. I'm sure it will only get worse as this week continues. I can't believe she's turning 3. Really, it's just so hard to contemplate.

We had a biannual meeting at church today called Stake Conference (we organize by area into "wards", then several wards to a "stake", then stakes are organized in "regions" - you get the idea) - in actuality it was a Regional Conference in place of our normal Stake Conference. It was broadcast to our building and to other parts of Wyoming, Colorado, and Montana. Henry B Eyring and Robert D Hales both spoke. Also a member of the Young Women's General Presidency - Ann M Dibbs - she is also the prophet's daughter. She was smiling so hard I'm certain her cheeks must have hurt when her talk was over. We were laughing about it but really it must be so pleasant to be that happy. She was literally beaming and oozing all kinds of happiness. What a wonderful way to live your life.

It was a good meeting. This two times a year are hard for the little people. I sat in a different place behind another family that has a child Leah's age. They played and had fun the whole meeting. That made it much more pleasant.

Normally we have church from 1-4 PM. Today the meeting was at 10 AM. We were home again by noon. That is the PERFECT timing for Leah's nap. Usually Sunday's are a bit of a juggling act with her napping. Starting in January we will be switching to 9-12. That'll be eons better as far as napping goes.

Wow. This is one boring blog entry. Maybe I'm too relaxed to be blogging!

Here's a picture of Leah from exactly two years ago today:



You like how Leah's lips are slightly blue in the next one? It was FREEZING. We literally took pictues and got back out and went back to our room. We met Aunt Leah in Denver that weekend. It was great fun. Well, except the next day is the day of the infamous stolen wallet.... Poor Aunt Leah. It's a little sad about my fatness in the picture but alas. At least it's better now. lol

3 comments:

Connie Babe said...

jaycey and i were giggling about the facial expressions during the telebroadcast.

we were kind of freaked out.

and your baby is beautiful.

and it only gets worse from here. like, when you get her kindergarten pictures...in that moment, she ages.

it's horrible. and good. but horrible.

Leah Marie said...

Oh the day of the infamous stolen wallet. And those stupid calamity shoes. (Well, I still have and wear those...)

Erin Johnson said...

hahah You just made me laugh! Swimming pictures are the BEST! Leah is a doll! I hear those two same songs A LOT...and love it everytime. Happy Birthday week. Enjoy every minute of it.