Saturday, November 15, 2008

Birthday Cake

Okay. I said I wasn't going to make Leah that strawberry wedding cake but in fact I ended up making a small version of it. She was very pleased ;)

The finished product:

DSC02187

This is the "underneath" before I covered it.

DSC02185

I bought two angel food cakes. I sliced them horizontally. Then I used a knife to shape the layers. The extra pieces I cut into small squares to fill the holes in the middle of the angel food cake circles.

The filling/frosting was:

4 cups heavy whipping cream
1 jar strawberry preserves
6 tbsp powdered sugar

Whipped until stiff.

The layers - cake, strawberry preserves, sliced strawberries, filling, repeat. Then I covered the whole thing in the cream & decorated with strawberries.

It totally looks just like a miniature version of the cake I said I wasn't going to make! I'm such a nice mommy LOL

4 comments:

Leah Marie said...

I wish I could have a piece of that. Right now.

Patti said...

Yummy! Great job!

Kathy's Korner said...

Its fantastic Camille!!! You get a super big gold star for that one!!

WAY TO GO MOM!!!!!!!!!!

Connie Babe said...

It's beautiful!!!